the Australian scrapbooking challenge blog devoted to all things HANDMADE

Friday, January 22, 2016

January International GDT Inspiration!!

We are so excited to have some international entries flowing into the Show Us Your Stuff gallery, that we have decided to introduce an International Guest Designer each month!  This month we have Laura Rumble joining us from the United Kingdom!

Laura Says: I am Laura, 30, from the UK and I love to create.  Scrapping is my main craft but I’ll have a go at just about anything creative.  I am pretty much housebound with M.E/C.F.S so crafting when I am able keeps me sane.  I blog at beadsbuttonsandbirds.blogspot.co.uk and have just started a YouTube channel for process videos.
I am fortunate to be on two Design Teams at the moment – Crafty Ribbons and SpiegelMomScraps – my favourite products are ribbons and sequins so I have aced out with my DT’s!
My style is lots of white space but plenty of colour and texture too.

Currently my favourite company is Cocoa Vanilla.  


We asked Laura to create a layout using our January moodboard...

Laura says: Here is my offering for the January challenge. It's a lovely mood board, lots of angle to take.

I've taken my colours from the mood board - red from the umbrella, yellow from the centre of the flowers and aqua from the water.  I also gone with the overall summery feel and scrapped about it being too hot!

Thanks for having me!
Laura


Here are a few of Laura's favourite layouts/projects that she has created..



We love this! Thank you for being our first International Guest Designer Laura!!


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous to have you on board with us Laura! You have some beautiful work here. I am so happy you are loving Cocoa Vanilla (of course I am a bit biased! Haha) Have just found you on Instagram so I can follow your creations and will check out your YouTube channel when I get a chance. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura love your interpretation of the mood board, so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh these are lovely pages....congrats on Guesting! Really enjoyed seeing your work:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent wok Laura ! your LOs are so fresh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your style Laura, so eclectic, so pretty. Must check out your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are absolutely magical Laura.. WOW...

    ReplyDelete